Saturday, June 14, 2014

Unexpected Field Trips

When our trip to the chocolate factory did not go so well, we decided to explore some more! We headed to the Pretzel Factory.  We had to walk about 2 blocks to get to the pretzel factory. I was not sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. They had pretzel samples and for $14, my entire crew could do the tour and make soft pretzels!

It was rather humid in the factory, the two little ones were tired and hot.

I stood in the back with the little ones and let the older 4 participate. They made soft pretzels. The lady doing the tour was excellent. The history of the pretzel was fascinating. Did you know that pretzels were made by monks? Let's see what I rememeber..
1. The three holes represent the Holy Trinity.
2. The Twist somehow represents marriage
3. The pretzel upside down represents prayer.
There was more but I forget...

The rest of the tour was a disaster for me. The older kids did enjoy it and learned a lot! It was a neat experience.



We left the pretzel place and wandered back to the van. The kids had fun checking out the window displays. The theme was "The Wizard of OZ" and "Red, White and Blue".

Lititz really is cool. But it is also very touristy, I prefer the more "real" experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment