Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Girl Graduated Kindergarten

This beautiful princess graduated from Kindergarten today. There was no fun little graduation, no fun little ceremonies at school...
Sometimes it drives me crazy... A year ago she should have been happily walking into her 1st grade classroom with a backpack on her back, new pencils in her bag, ready to join all her giggly girl friends in learning to read and write, in slumber parties and giggle fests... 



Instead she was picked up by a special bus and the aide wheeled her into her spot. She had her backpacked strapped to the back of her wheelchair. She did not understand when I told her where she was going.. with strangers. There was no happy giggles or skipping to class. 


Instead of learning to read and write, she is learning to play intentionally, go to the potty, stand and take steps on her own, and how to eat food by mouth. 


However, despite all the challenges facing her, she was a star student. She was one of the easiest, happiest kids in her class. She is loved by her teacher and her classmates. She made huge progress in her class. She learned many new skills....


Sometimes I want to cry for her. I cry for what she lost. I cry for what she could be. I cry for the lost childhood. I cry for the pain she has endured at the hands of those who were supposed to protect her.
Why God?

But I also see the beauty from the ashes.. The sweet angelic child whose gentle spirit impacts everyone who encounters her. The joy and the blessings she has brought into our lives. The gift of unconditional love she gives all of us...


No comments:

Post a Comment