Wednesday, June 4, 2014

sleeping in..

For about 28 years I was the queen of sleeping in. I loved to sleep until 9 or 10 am. There is just nothing like slowly waking up and stretching before starting your day. 


(Nesiah has her own personal pool) 

However, having 6 kiddoes doesn't allow for much sleeping in. If momma is not up and out of bed before the kiddoes, the day does not go well... at all. 

(it is still a little cold)

This last year has really done a number on my sleep. I am surviving on less sleep then ever. However, I have finally moved into the stage where I LOVE getting up early or rather earlier. lol

(sometimes we lose the privilege of swimming, but relaxing in the hammock with a good book is second best) 

It is currently 9:30. My kids had eggs and grits for breakfast, Nesiah has been sent off to school. The house is picked up, dishes are washed and a load of laundry is in the washer, my baseboards were cleaned, my silverware drawer and my bathroom sinks wiped out, and the inside windows were washed.

The kids are swimming in the pool and I am enjoying the peace and quiet of the moment. (I can hear the screaming swimmers through the open window)

The feeling of satisfaction that comes from rising early and getting a good start is worth rolling out of bed at 6:30. It has taken me many years to get to this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment