Saturday, May 10, 2014

yard sale finds

When you are a single mom with limited childcare options, yard saling early on Saturday morning is not always possible. I try to go once a year but rarely even got that done!
This year has been a record year! I have friend who doesn't drive but loves yardsales. The more treasures we find, the more we want to go! Its like an addiction.


Clothing find of the day! $1 each for practically new kneelength shorts and aeropostle shirts! 

We had discussed going this morning, but I refuse to take the big van and Nesiah. It just doesn't work with the early Saturday morning yardsale traffic. So my friend's husband said that maybe he could watch Nesiah and one or two of the others...
 After much discussion we finally at  the decision at 9:30 last night. 6:30 am is very early when you have 6 kids to get out of the house! 

I dropped Nesiah, Elizabeth and Lee off with friend's husband. (I have never left my kids with a man before... but he is a foster father and I do trust him!)
We had no real game plan, because it was such a last minute plan.  First we hit a local church yardsale, where I found a ton of great deals! Lots of nice clothes and some homeschool books! 

I prefer for my girls to wear knee length shorts but  they can be hard to find. So when I find them, I snatch them up. I found  several sizes for now and some for next summer for all 3 my girls! 



David found a swim shirt for a $1


Science for David for next year! So tickled with this find! 


$3 snowpants for whomever is in that size next winter! NICE PANTS! 

Brand new $1 sketchers for Elizabeth for next year! (I keep a box of shoes in larger sizes in the attic, so we are rarely caught with kids needing new shoes NOW and being forced to go out and spend for new.)

A $5 practically new jacket for either Nesiah or Elizabeth for next winter! Same thing here, I keep a bag of coats in my attic for the next season! 

$1 babygate for the steps, outside by the pool

We left the first yard sale, drove for 20 minutes and did not find the yardsales we wanted! So we ended up heading to a local developement. We hit a couple on the way. We have a pretty good system by now and we work as a team! lol Stroller goes in and out of the car in developments, kids help etc.. 

                                  
laundry hampers..
 I have a new plan for laundry and these at .50 each are perfect for my plan! They are in new condition!! 

cute little riding toy for a dollar! 

Mr. Potato Head and his whole collection for a $1! 

6 books ranging from $1 to .25! 

A $2 bike helmet for sonny boy! 



I have been praying for a bike, something to go riding with the kids.

When we were all done, I brought R and the kids back home, then went back to the one yard sale with the van to pick up a bouncy horse and a trampoline that she had bought! On my way, I passed one that we had missed completely. I saw the bike. $10 bike direct answer to my prayer!

This was my DEAL OF THE DAY!!!



A $10 wet/dry vac! Just this morning as I was loading kids into my explorer, I was appalled once again by the amount of DIRT and food in my vehicle. I decided it was time to look at buying a shop vac.... And hour later, God provided one! #LOVEIT

Second deal of the day...
A free rope hammock! It is filthy and a bit tattered but this is a $100 item, that with some tlc will work perfectly out by the pool!! I don't have a pic of it!







No comments:

Post a Comment