Sunday, May 4, 2014

The rewards of hard work!

So a couple weeks ago we found this pool on craigslist.
We were quite delighted and my helpers were more then willing to jump in and help with the HARD work involved in this set up!! 


This was the whole set up bought off craigslist. The first problem to conquer,was leveling off the ONE flat spot on the entire property! A corner of the back yard. 


Mr. N our neighbor came over with his level and tractor, because quite frankly this one was beyond my abilities!!! He leveled, scraped, raked and tilled until it was perfectly smooth... I will be forever grateful, because I thought we were pretty level and he informed me that we were more then 6" off!!


The kids picked up rocks and watched in awe... 


Day 2 (actually about a week later) We tackled the next step, getting sand into the 15' area! We hauled free sand in buckets and totes in my van! #Ibuildsomemuscle


We spread the sand and raked it out, until everything was perfectly flat and my shoulders and back screamed in agony from hauling sand!


The kids all willingly pitched in where they could! I so appreciate how much they can help now that they are older! 


The boys and I assembled the pool in right around an hour. They are big helpers! I was shocked at how easy it was! 


I am quite proud of the fact that I have taught my boys the basic handyman skills. I have also taught them the value of hard work and the benefit of "figuring it out". So often what we don't have in muscle, we make up for in brains! lol 



Lee assembled the ladder all by himself. No directions needed from mom on this one! He was quite proud of himself. 


And then it was time for swimming.... 



Here we go! Who cares that its barely 60 degrees out?!?!? 


Oh the joy... it was worth all the blood, sweat and tears! lol 



No comments:

Post a Comment