Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Moments at Our House

I walked into the bathroom last night to find...

wet underwear hanging on the door knob.

2 feed sacks hanging over the towel rack. (someone had washed them out in the bathtub and was drip drying them!)

3 swimsuits on the floor

1 pair of shoes on the floor

So much for a relaxing bubble bath...


  Sidenote: Do not google "pictures of messy bathrooms"! I wanted to add some images to my page. UGH!

Conversation with my kids...

A broken heart is like a plate that was dropped on the floor and shattered so now we need to glue it back together and it becomes a beautiful piece of art, never to be restored to its original perfection. But it has character. Picture your heart as that glued together piece of art...

Child 1 sighs happily "yes, that is my heart. It is healed."

Child 2-3 immediately tell me "my heart isn't healed yet. The glue didn't stick"

Child 4 listened but didn't participate.

So I reminded them accepting love and giving forgiveness are the key to healing. Like the glue holding the broken pieces together. But one needs to choose that.... as child 1 has.

Today I must remind myself.. it is their choice to heal, to accept love, to forgive.





My son is having a yardsale, because he owes me money.. money that I loaned to him to buy a treasure chest..

 He is selling rocks and feed bags.

 I love his whole attitude about the whole situation and the valuable lesson he is learning about borrowing and spending money you don't have because you want something NOW.

We are having a pool party today... my kids are growing up! This week my oldest one will be double digits.. So much fun watching my kids grow up.



At the dinner table...

Lee choked on his food.

Elizabeth says "mom almost had to give you "SPR"...

Me: SPR?!

Elizabeth: yea, like we learned at the ambulance!

No comments:

Post a Comment