Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day Fun

We had planned a relaxing fun weekend. It was a last minute decision my sister and her hubby made to come visit us. So we were excited! We had also planned another get together on Saturday however that was canceled due to both the cold weather and my friend getting a newborn baby!

Saturday morning is always pancakes... sometimes it's plain old pancakes, sometimes it's mickey mouse pancakes! 


My sister went off to meet some old friends. Her poor hubby was left behind with us. After sleeping in for awhile, he offered to do some "fixing" for me! My camper needed a new canopy and the fan needed some repairs. 



I have stared at this fan just like this, more times then I can count! I changed fuses, fussed with electrical stuff etc.. nothing. Within 15 mins and totally disassembling this fan my Bro in law was able to tell me that the motor was jammed. Now we know what is wrong with our fan and hopefully in the next couple weeks I can replace it! 



We had late night snacks... 


The weekend was absolutely beautiful! The kids had so much fun playing! 



This girlie has the most beautiful blond curlies... 


Elizabeth was quite proud of her lion! David made a man! 


This was the beginning of the lion, many accessories were added along the way! 


Sunday morning was relaxing. We skipped church and hung out in the backyard. The kiddoes played in the pool and hit golf balls. 


Neighbor kids who skipped church joined us, mostly because my boys were tired of "all those girls". lol 






Little Missy helped me make breakfast. She was quite the little helper! Very much like her momma and her aunt. This child, along with her very opinionated older sister will do big things in life! 



We had a fun weekend and totally enjoyed having family here. My kids miss out on so many cousin activities and family moments because we live so far from family. Fun weekends like this are savored... 

2 comments:

  1. I looked at the picture of the inside of the camper and the first thing I thought was that I have a lamp just like that in our camper! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful visit. Sweet memories for the kids. Warm Blessibgs! Amy

    ReplyDelete