Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Encouragement..



This past year and more have been a journey, a long journey. I am often glad  I didn't know what I was signing up for, because honestly I would have said no way.
But God is faithful. I see Him providing for us, protecting us and guiding us. Every challenge every bump we have encountered we have found him right alongside us. He provides what we need when we need it.
The support network I have now, is stronger then ever before. The tools for parenting are better then ever... The medical knowledge seems to multiply. (a Dr asked me if I have experience in the medical field. lol nope, only hands on experience with my kids) But God has given me a love for advocating, a desire to fight for my kids, a passion for searching for answers.
I love how God has provided people in my life.. my good friend  has the gift of encouragement. She is the one I call when I am feeling overwhelmed or in need of some motivation. She has spoken much wisdom into my life, encouraged me through some pretty big challenges. She knows how I work and what I need...

I have another friend who was a nurse and her children have lots of the same health obstacles mine do. She is only a text message away, often giving advise, saving me countless Dr visits etc... Her wisdom in my life has allowed me to advocate better for my kids.

I may not have an active social life. I may not get out much. My friends may be few, but they are true friends. This is the thing I find the most disappointing and yet inspiring. When life gets hard, people who have the easy life will slowly drop away, but those who have had challenges tend to stick around. I am inspired to be that kind of friend...



No comments:

Post a Comment