Saturday, March 18, 2017

I Need An Intervention

It is baby season...  



This was our view to the birthing pen.. we spend a lot of time hanging out here waiting and watching.


This year has been a lot of fun, because the kids can handle most of the animals. They keep after everything for me. I go to the barn to help milk and keep tabs on the babies once a day. 




The one momma totally rejected her baby. She refused to lick her etc.. so Elizabeth got to bottle fed her. 



Another momma was unable to feed her babies, but she supplies us with an abundance of milk, so we are bottle feeding her babies. The first week, they need round the clock feedings, so Elizabeth kept the babies in a box by her bed. 


We were rather disappointed that our 6 mommas only gave us 8 babies. Many were new moms so it was not a big surprise, but it was still disappointing. So I found a couple goats on craigslist and somehow.. still not sure how.. I ended up buying 6 more goats. So now we have a total of 14 baby goats, 9 which are bottle fed. I think I need an intervention...  cause if my counts are right, we somehow ended up with 20 goats on the farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment